- 4 cups tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
Combine tomato and tomato juice in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 30 minutes. Place tomato mixture and basil (leaving a few fresh leaves for garnish) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to pan; add chicken stock, sea salt, and pepper. Add yogurt, stirring with a whisk. Cook over medium heat until thick (about 5 minutes). Serve hot; garnish with remaining basil.
Serving Size: 1 cup; Calories: 49; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g.