It’s not easy to stay healthy and active during the winter season. When the weather is cold, it can be hard to fight that urge to curl up under covers each day and just stay warm. We need to be able to fight that urge and not hibernate all winter long. The key is to find ways to stay active each day and have fun while doing so. Here are some easy tips for staying healthy and active in the winter months.
- At least 70% of the immune system is in the gut. Therefore, good digestive health is a key part of maintaining your immunity and overall health. A great way to maintain good digestive health is with a daily probiotic.* Ultimate Flora™ Probiotics from Renew Life are a line of potent, multi-strain probiotics formulated to support digestive balance and harmony.*
- Stay hydrated. It’s important to drink water, even when it’s cold out. Use a water tracker or a large water bottle to help you stay on track.
- Bundle up and go for a walk. Yes, it may be colder than you prefer, but even a brisk walk does wonders.
- When out and about, whenever available, always take the stairs. Just one flight of stairs keeps your body active and moving.
- Find an at-home workout or activity you enjoy. There are lots of workout videos you can stream that are anywhere from 10 minutes a day to an hour long. If you have exercise equipment, use it for at least 15 minutes a day.
- Do intensive household cleaning. No joke, when I am doing laundry, mopping and non-stop cleaning, my activity tracker automatically records a workout. I make sure I am moving the whole time while cleaning. It is a win-win situation; the house is clean and I am staying active.
- When all else fails, turn up the music and dance. There are times when I have a hard time getting moving. The warmth of the covers tries to keep me down. That’s when I get the music going and start moving. Who said you can’t have a dance party by yourself?
Remember, we all have a secret weapon inside of us—the gut. It is more powerful than you think. Science shows that a healthy gut positively affects digestion, immunity and energy—all important aspects we need every day. Keeping your gut balanced with Renew Life Ultimate Flora Probiotics can help support a healthy and active winter.*
What is one way you stay healthy and active in the winter?
Note: The views, opinions and positions expressed in this guest blog belong solely to the author. All data and information provided herein is for informational purposes only. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this post are not guaranteed. Renew Life accepts no liability for any errors, omissions or representations.