- 1½ cups onions, cut into large pieces
- 2 cups carrots, cut into ½” pieces
- 6 oz. baby turnips, peeled and cut into ¼” wedges
- 6 oz. beets, cut into ¼” wedges
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. apple cider
- 2 tbsp. Italian parsley
Preheat oven to 450°. Place vegetables into large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon zest, and apple cider. Spread vegetables in single layer on baking sheet. Roast until tender, approx. 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer vegetables to large serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Tip: You can substitute one of the above with any of your favorite root vegetables, such parsnips or leeks.
Serving size: ¼ recipe; Calories: 113; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 3g.