- ½ lb. shrimp (approx. 20), peeled and deveined
- 1 small zucchini, cut into large cubes
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into large cubes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Vidalia onion quartered
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into large slices
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into large slices
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, minced
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mixed baby greens, Napa cabbage and cold Asian cabbage (slaw mix)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes (to prevent burning during cooking). Thread shrimp and veggies onto skewers. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, parsley and black pepper. Drizzle dressing over kabobs. Grill over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Arrange greens and carrots on plate. Top with the kabobs.
Serving size: ½ recipe; Calories: 250; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 18g.