- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ can black beans (no salt), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- 1 ear fresh corn (kernels removed from ear)
- 1 tbsp. red onion, diced
- ½ tbsp. fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups salad greens
Whisk together cilantro, parsley, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add beans, tomato, corn, onion and jalapeño; toss well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Serve over salad greens.
Serving size: ½ recipe: Calories: 216; Fiber: 12g; Protein: 12g.