- 4 cups cooked chicken, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup apple, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup raw almonds, slivered*
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup carrots, julienned
- 1 kiwi, cut into ¼” rounds
- ¼ cup mango, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. each of balsamic vinegar and olive oil
*Soak almonds overnight.
Combine chicken, apple, cherries, nuts, sesame seeds and vegetables. Serve on a bed of kiwi slices and garnish with mango. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Note: The sugars in this recipe are derived from fruit. To reduce the sugar content, use fresh instead of dried cherries.
Tip: Because of the higher calorie content, this recipe is recommended as a meal and not a side salad.
Serving size: ¼ recipe. Calories: 458; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 46g.