- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup carrots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup garlic, diced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Two 15-oz. cans low-sodium chicken broth
- Two 15-oz. cans cannellini beans (rinsed)
- 2 cup fresh baby spinach (rinsed)
- ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, oregano and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften and the onion is translucent (about 10 minutes). Add broth and bring to a simmer. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender. Stir in beans and spinach; cook until spinach is tender, approx. 5 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Serving size: 1/8 recipe; Calories: 327; Fiber: 8g; Protein: 19g.