TAG | stomach
Our friends at Nutraceutix were just honored with the 2010 Technology Innovation of the Year Award from Frost & Sullivan, a global research firm that recognizes best-in-class practices and achievements in many industries. They won for their patented LiveBac® process, which, when combined with their BIO-tract® delivery system, helps ensure that ReNew Life’s FloraSMART™ probiotics are delivered right to the intestines where they are most effective.
Why the standing ovation? Well, probiotics are only effective if they can withstand the harsh conditions in the stomach to be absorbed in the intestines. Once in the intestines, they can help replenish helpful bacteria as well as strengthen natural defenses and support overall digestive health.
BIO-tract technology is an advanced delivery system that creates a protective natural gel around each probiotic caplet to protect it from gastric acid, thus delivering more active probiotic cultures to the intestines over an optimal time frame…and that means better overall digestive health! After all, roughly 80 percent of the body’s natural immune defenses can be found in the intestines. If the probiotics can’t make it there, they can’t do much good. If delivered intact where they can work their magic in the intestines, probiotics can be the key to optimal digestion, bowel regularity, and overall well being.
Hats off to Nutraceutix for building a better way to manufacture and deliver probiotics. ReNew Life and our millions of customers thank you daily!
Have you heard about enzyme supplements and wonder if you need one? Chances are you might—especially if you eat a lot of cooked and heavily processed foods. Without the natural enzymes obtained from raw, whole foods, the body has a hard time breaking down the food you eat and absorbing its nutrients. As a result, undigested or partially digested food in the intestines can ferment and cause gas, bloating, heartburn, indigestion and other problems. The following quiz will help you determine if you may benefit from adding a natural digestive enzyme supplement to your diet. Put a 1 next to each question if the answer is Yes, 0 for No.
1. Do you experience stomach pain after eating a high-protein meal?
2. Are you excessively tired or fatigued after eating a high-protein meal?
3. Do you have thin, fine or brittle hair?
4. Do you have white lines or ridges in your nail beds?
5. Are you intolerant to cold temperatures or have a sensation of always being cold?
6. Do you have low muscle mass?
7. Do you have occasional swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or knees?
8. Do you have high blood pressure?
9. Do you have skin issues such as dermatitis?
10. Do you have irritability or anxiety?
11. Do you heal slowly from wounds?
12. Do you have frequent abdominal gas, bloating or flatulence?
13. Do you have frequent belching?
14. Do you have abdominal discomfort or bloating after eating starches, vegetables, beans or grains?
15. Do you commonly have diarrhea?
16. Do you have dry skin?
17. Do you have brittle fingernails?
18. Do you suffer from occasional or mild depression?
19. Do you have greasy or oily stool?
20. Are you frequently constipated?
21. Do you have dandruff or an itchy scalp?
22. Do you have problems concentrating at work or school?
23. Do you have dry mouth or excessive thirst?
24. Do you have frequent urination?
25. Do you crave fatty foods?
OVERALL SCORE: If you scored 13 or more, you may benefit from a quality digestive enzyme supplement. Look for a formula with high amounts of Protease, Amylase, Lipase and Cellulase.
- A score of 5 or more for Questions 1 to 11 indicates possible difficulty with the digestion of proteins. Look for an enzyme supplement with a high amount of PROTEASE.
- A score of 3 or more for Questions 12 to 15 indicates possible difficulty with the digestion of carbohydrates, starches and fiber. Look for an enzyme supplement with a high amount of AMYLASE and CELLULASE.
- A score of 5 or more for Questions 16 to 25 indicates possible difficulty with the digestion of fat. Look for an enzyme supplement with a high amount of LIPASE.