TAG | Omega Oils
There are hundreds of omega-3 fish oil blends on the market today, but fish oil supplements vary significantly as far as the levels of omega-3 in each softgel, the source of these omega oils, and the overall purity of the blend. So how do you pick?
A few Fish Factors to Consider
We recommend you use a quick three-point checklist for picking your omega-3 supplement. Think of it as the PPS system: Potency, Purity, Source.
- Potency: Check the label on your bottle of fish oil softgels for the total milligrams of omega-3, not the total milligrams of oil in each serving. This will be listed in the supplement facts a few lines down and may appear separately as DHA and EPA omega-3’s, two very beneficial omega types.
- Purity: With all the concern about potential heavy metal (such as mercury) and toxin contamination of whole fish, you want to make sure that your fish oil is rigorously purified and independently third-party tested. Look for a high 5-star purity rating on your fish oil.
- Source: Make sure your fish oils are all cold-water sourced, as these fish types offer you the highest levels of omega-3. Also look for krill oil plus omega-3 fish oil. Krill are a great source of omega-3 and among the most abundant crustaceans in our oceans. The oil derived from krill arrives in a specific and highly absorbable phospholipid form.
Why Choose Krill?
Krill are omega-3 and antioxidant powerhouses. The oil from these small creatures is “pre-emulsified” (more easily incorporated into your cells) and packs an impressive nutritional punch:†
- Krill oil occurs naturally in phospholipid omega-3 form, a highly absorbable form of omega-3 for ease of use and incorporation in cells throughout the body. † Phospholipid levels in our cells decline with age, yet they are needed to help maintain cell membranes, and support skin and brain health.†
- Krill feed on high-antioxidant plant sources and so contain the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin. The beauty of nature’s food chain makes this astaxanthin available to you in the krill oil you take.†
ReNew Life’s new Norwegian Gold Krill Omega combines our highest purity fish oils with the power of added krill oil for an ultra-potent omega-3 blend. Just one small softgel a day (no more handfuls of large softgels that can contain up to 50% “filler” oils) provides you with 2x more omega-3 than leading krill oil brands. Norwegian Gold Krill Omega also offers you the highest third-party tested 5-star purity rating plus added antioxidants astaxanthin and vitamin D!
Sure, good digestion has a lot to do with what you put on your plate. But it’s also about making sure your body has the tools it needs to break down your food and support healthy elimination. That’s why natural digestive care expert Brenda Watson developed the H.O.P.E. Formula. In addition to a sensible diet and regular exercise, this 4-part daily nutritional program is the key to improving digestion and living healthier every day.
High Fiber. Studies show that people who eat at least 25-35 grams of fiber every day are less likely to suffer from constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders. Fiber adds bulk to the stool, helps absorb toxins in the intestines and ‘sweeps’ the colon free of waste and debris. A high-fiber diet has also been linked to weight loss, lower cholesterol and heart health. Sources: fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans & legumes; fiber supplements.
Omega Oils. Fish-derived Omega oils such as Omega-3 EPA and DHA help nourish and support the cells of the colon to promote optimal digestive health. They also help to soothe and lubricate the bowel to ease elimination and promote regularity. In addition, research links these beneficial oils to improved heart and brain function, as well as healthy skin and joints. Sources: Smaller, cold-water fish; some leafy green vegetables; Omega oil supplements.
Probiotics. Probiotics are the beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract that work to crowd out disease-causing microorganisms that can contribute to poor health. Experts agree that daily supplementation with a high-potency, multi-strain probiotic formula can help support a balanced intestinal environment, improve digestion and promote bowel regularity. Sources: Fermented foods such as yogurt & kefir; probiotic supplements.
Enzymes. Digestive enzymes are found in raw foods and help the body break down the food you eat and absorb needed nutrients. Because cooking and processing can destroy the natural enzymes in food, daily supplementation is essential. Plant-based enzyme formulas provide the greatest benefit, as they are effective over a broader range of pH levels in the body. Sources: Raw whole foods; digestive enzyme supplements.