TAG | Liver Detox
We’re big on digestive care at ReNew Life, and what a lot of people don’t realize is that your liver is connected to the digestive system in a very important way. We don’t necessarily think of the liver as a digestive organ but it’s essential to digestion as well as detoxification.
- The liver filters all nutrients and toxins in the bloodstream that are absorbed from the intestines.
- The liver processes toxins using phase I and phase II detoxification, essential for the proper neutralization and removal of toxins.
As the body’s largest solid organ and our center for environmental toxin detox, our livers are under a lot of strain in today’s increasingly toxic world. Toxins can build up in the liver and in fat cells, leading to skin, hormonal, and digestive issues, as well as physically depleting your body’s energy levels.
There are over 80,000 toxins in use today, and over 1,000 are being added every year. Toxins are everywhere from medications to vehicle emissions and cigarette smoke, food additives, water contaminants—even the glues and chemicals used to make the carpet/flooring in your home.
Give Your Liver Some Love
The good news? You can detox your liver with antioxidant herbs and amino acids that help maximize liver function and take some of the stress off your body’s hardest working detox organ. ǂ
NEW Daily Liver Support provides triple action liver detoxification care with a three part liver-focused formula:
- Detox Blend features liver supporting herbs and amino acids to promote bile flow for toxin elimination. ǂ
- Strengthen Blend provides milk thistle extract with silymarin, the best-studied herb for healthy liver support. ǂ
- Protect Blend combines antioxidant rich herbs with turmeric extract, an important antioxidant known to support healthy inflammation response by helping to neutralize free radicals. ǂ
Daily Liver Support is not a one-month cleanse but rather a daily multi-nutrient formula to help you maintain healthy liver function in our toxic world. ‡ It contains absolutely no added artificial ingredients, binders, fillers, or excipients—just pure and active nutrients in a triple action detox formula.
Brenda Watson made several appearances on The Suzanne Show last year, which aired on Lifetime Television. During the show, Brenda and Suzanne Somers covered a whole range of health topics from fiber, poop, and heart health to what it really takes to maintain a healthy weight and proper digestion for long-term health and vitality.
If you missed any of the shows last year you can still catch The Suzanne Show’s best-of recap airing February 27th at 8:00 a.m. on Lifetime Television. The best-of show features Brenda’s popular and surprising fiber segment. This segment covers some little known facts about fiber, including:
- How you can reduce the amount of calories you absorb each day by adding more fiber to your diet with the fiber flush effect
- The two types of fiber to watch out for…are you getting both?
- How to boost the amount of fiber in your diet to the recommended 35g daily without eating a dozen apples, a whole loaf of bread, or enough greens to stock a salad bar
- How to avoid a laxative addiction with the new generation of fiber supplements that aren’t harsh like the psyllium found in certain fibers, which can cause cramping
And fiber does so much more for your health than simply support digestion and a healthy weight. Fiber—especially select fibers like oat bran and acacia fiber—supports healthy cholesterol levels and heart health. Fiber is also the great detoxifier, promoting a cleansing flush of toxins from the body and increasing your energy levels, benefitting liver detox, and supporting healthy skin.
Watch clips of Brenda on The Suzanne Show here, and be sure to tune in to Lifetime on February 27th for Suzanne’s best-of show that includes Brenda’s in-depth fiber segment!