TAG | High Potency
Brenda Watson, C.N.C., is nationally renowned as a digestive health educator, but this time she’s turning to heart health in her breakthrough new PBS show (airing throughout March) and book, The Heart of Perfect Health. Heart disease and its risk markers are very personal topics for Brenda. She’s seen too many of her family and friends affected by the preventable conditions that lead to heart disease, including diabetes.
The Heart of Perfect Health focuses both on prevention for those looking to maintain their good health and on a therapeutic approach for anyone already experiencing heart disease risk markers. In this revolutionary look at America’s #1 killer, heart disease, Brenda exposes how sugars in our diet contribute to heart disease risk and offers a simple formula for figuring out just how much hidden sugar is in the foods we eat. Brenda also talks about the big three risk markers we all need to watch out for:
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar
The most important topic on the show, however, is the underlying contributor to heart disease, silent inflammation. Silent inflammation is happening to many of us every day. The show covers the surprising triggers of this condition, what you can do to reverse them, and silent inflammation’s connection to Brenda’s favorite topic, the gut.
Brenda debunks several health myths on The Heart of Perfect Health:
- Myth #1: All cholesterol is bad.
- Myth #2: Only diabetics need to worry about their blood sugar levels
- Myth #3: Fat is bad for you
The Fat Factor, Getting to the Heart of Good Fat
One of the most important dietary and supplement recommendations Brenda makes on the show to help reduce your risk of heart disease is to get more heart healthy Omega 3 fats in your diet every day.*
Omega 3s are found primarily in cold water fish and certain nuts and in high potency fish oil supplements.
What to Look for in a Heart Healthy Fish Oil Supplement:
- High potency at over 1,000mg of Omega-3 per capsule. Brenda and other experts recommend up to 3,000mg of Omega-3s each day, which is pretty tough to get if your capsule only contains a few hundred milligrams of Omega-3. It is the Omega-3 that offers the heart-health benefits, not the amount of fish oil itself. Look for a fish oil supplement that contains at least 1,000mg of Omega-3 per capsule so you don’t have to take a handful of fish oil supplements each day.
- Enteric coated capsules for better absorption and no fishy burping. An enteric coating helps the fish oils reach the intestines where they are absorbed.
- Added vitamin D3 in your fish oil. Vitamin D3 helps to further offset silent inflammation in the body and support immune/heart health.ǂ
- Independently certified purity. The International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS) program is the industry’s most stringent independent certifier of fish oil quality. Look for the 5-star IFOS seal on the package to ensure you aren’t getting any mercury, pesticides, or contaminants in your supplement.
* Supportive but not conclusive evidence shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Are you looking for a high potency Probiotic, but prefer the convenience of a room temperature stable product you can take with you? If you’re a traveler or just looking for a probiotic that doesn’t require refrigeration, you shouldn’t have to settle for a lower quality product. Now you can have all the convenience of a shelf-stable probiotic without sacrificing potency or quality. ReNew Life, America’s #1 probiotic brand, introduces the new Ultimate Flora RTS, to revolutionize the probiotic marketplace.
No Refrigeration Required!
We’ve solved the age-old issue of forgetting to take your probiotic. Now you can remember to take your probiotic every day because you’ll see it on the counter at room temperature, instead of tucked away in the refrigerator. Ultimate Flora RTS (Room Temperature Strains) Probiotics are specially formulated to be kept at room temperature, or 77 degrees.
Potency Until Expiration
If you look carefully, many probiotic formulas list the number of total probiotic cultures at time of manufacture, not expiration. Who knows how many live bacteria will be present by the time you take it?! Ultimate Flora RTS Probiotics are guaranteed to provide at least 15 Billion live cultures per capsule all the way to their expiration date if stored at or below 77 degrees.
3 Unique Formulas for Various Health Needs
With specially blended mixtures of both Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria (Ls and Bs) probiotic strains, there’s something for everyone in the Ultimate Flora RTS Probiotic line. Daily Probiotic features 10 strains with an equal amount of both Ls and Bs to support digestive and immune health in both the small and large intestines. The all-Lactobacillus Women’s Formula promotes the most prevalent type of beneficial bacteria in the vagina to help support balanced levels of vaginal yeast and urinary health. Finally, Ultimate Flora RTS Colon Care Probiotic contains only Bifidobacteria strains, the native bacteria found in the colon and the type that most often declines with age.
Double Foil Blister Packs for Ultimate Protection
So what keeps the Probiotics stable at room temperature? A key to retaining the best freshness and potency is protecting probiotic cultures from damaging factors, such as moisture. Double Foil Blister Packages are not only convenient, they provide an absolute barrier from light, moisture and air. No other packaging method seals in the potency better than foil-on-foil blister packs.
Delayed Release Capsules for Ultimate Delivery
While probiotics are also utilized in the upper digestive tract, the majority of bacterial populations exist in the lower small and large intestines. So how do the good bacteria get all the way down there? Probiotics must travel through the harsh stomach environment and be delivered to the intestines to colonize. Delayed-release capsules are engineered to remain intact through the stomach and begin dissolving in the intestine, where they are needed most.
Taking the right probiotic supplement can help promote digestive health, urinary and vaginal health, bowel regularity and strengthen the body’s natural immune defenses. Choose one of the unique Ultimate Flora RTS Probiotics, and you’ll know you have the “best probiotic in the room.”