TAG | fish oils
There are hundreds of omega-3 fish oil blends on the market today, but fish oil supplements vary significantly as far as the levels of omega-3 in each softgel, the source of these omega oils, and the overall purity of the blend. So how do you pick?
A few Fish Factors to Consider
We recommend you use a quick three-point checklist for picking your omega-3 supplement. Think of it as the PPS system: Potency, Purity, Source.
- Potency: Check the label on your bottle of fish oil softgels for the total milligrams of omega-3, not the total milligrams of oil in each serving. This will be listed in the supplement facts a few lines down and may appear separately as DHA and EPA omega-3’s, two very beneficial omega types.
- Purity: With all the concern about potential heavy metal (such as mercury) and toxin contamination of whole fish, you want to make sure that your fish oil is rigorously purified and independently third-party tested. Look for a high 5-star purity rating on your fish oil.
- Source: Make sure your fish oils are all cold-water sourced, as these fish types offer you the highest levels of omega-3. Also look for krill oil plus omega-3 fish oil. Krill are a great source of omega-3 and among the most abundant crustaceans in our oceans. The oil derived from krill arrives in a specific and highly absorbable phospholipid form.
Why Choose Krill?
Krill are omega-3 and antioxidant powerhouses. The oil from these small creatures is “pre-emulsified” (more easily incorporated into your cells) and packs an impressive nutritional punch:†
- Krill oil occurs naturally in phospholipid omega-3 form, a highly absorbable form of omega-3 for ease of use and incorporation in cells throughout the body. † Phospholipid levels in our cells decline with age, yet they are needed to help maintain cell membranes, and support skin and brain health.†
- Krill feed on high-antioxidant plant sources and so contain the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin. The beauty of nature’s food chain makes this astaxanthin available to you in the krill oil you take.†
ReNew Life’s new Norwegian Gold Krill Omega combines our highest purity fish oils with the power of added krill oil for an ultra-potent omega-3 blend. Just one small softgel a day (no more handfuls of large softgels that can contain up to 50% “filler” oils) provides you with 2x more omega-3 than leading krill oil brands. Norwegian Gold Krill Omega also offers you the highest third-party tested 5-star purity rating plus added antioxidants astaxanthin and vitamin D!
If you or someone you know is expecting or breastfeeding, you’ve probably heard about the benefits of an omega-3 fatty acid, called DHA, for mom and baby.† DHA is a critical nutrient for supporting brain, eye, and nervous system development in unborn children.† Moms get DHA from foods such as cold-water fish, and unborn and nursing babies get their DHA from mom.
Why Advanced Purity Matters
The reality is that most expectant mothers don’t eat much fish because of the concerns about mercury and other toxins that may be present in whole fish. There is a simple and nutrient-packed way to get your daily DHA without eating whole fish, however, in the form of a small, easy-swallow prenatal fish oil supplement.
Just one softgel packs in a whopping 480 mg of DHA from an ultra-concentrated fish oil blend that is third-party purity tested for PCB’s, heavy metals, mercury, and other toxins. This fish oil is so pure, in fact, that it is consistently awarded the highest IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards) 5-star purity rating and it exceeds the stringent NMS (Norwegian Medical Standard) for purity, potency, and freshness.
Don’t like the taste of fish? No problem. Norwegian Gold Prenatal DHA tastes like citrus thanks to its natural added orange flavor. Plus, you won’t be burping up any fishy taste with the “repeat” you can get with other fish oils. Norwegian Gold Prenatal Omega contains added lipase, an enzyme that helps mom break down the fish oils into smaller, more absorbable compounds.† The result is a better-digested fish oil and better availability to mom and baby.
More Benefits to DHA…
In addition to the important transmission of DHA from mom to baby for developing eyes, brain, and nervous system, DHA has some pretty wonderful benefits for mom too:†
- Supports healthy breast milk in lactating mothers†
- Promotes a healthy level of omega-3 in the mother, promoting her healthy mood after birth†
- Helps replenish mom’s omega-3 depletion, contributing to her overall health as well as the health of her newborn†
- Promotes heart and joint health†
Norwegian Gold Prenatal DHA is the latest in ReNew Life’s top selling advanced purity fish oil line. This new blend is simply the easiest digested, highest purity fish oil available to moms—and all in one daily tiny orange flavored softgel that also contains 500 IU of vitamin D3.