TAG | Energy Levels
Last week, America’s favorite TV doctor talked cleansing, detoxification, and gut health, three topics we’re pretty passionate about at ReNew Life. If you missed those shows on cleansing, or if you’re simply wondering how you can support your gut defenses for better energy and digestion, here are a few points to note.
Let’s Talk Energy and Weight Loss
Two of America’s top “obsessions,” right? So many of us are addicted to junk food, energy drinks, and processed sugary snacks to keep our energy levels normal throughout the day. Unfortunately, these very substances and many others we eat and drink are seen as toxins by the body, and toxins only serve to make us more sluggish. Toxins can also stand in the way of your weight loss goals while detoxing can help reduce bloating, water retention, and help shed those stubborn pounds with diet and exercise.
- Make it your goal to cleanse at least twice a year (and more often if needed) to flush out toxins and waste. ǂ There are many pure ingredient internal cleanses available to make finding the right one for you a cinch.
- Cleansing/detoxing is also one of the fastest ways you can help your body reclaim its natural energy. ǂ
What a Strong, Balanced Gut Will Do For Your Health
Your gut is your health center. It’s home to up to 80% of your immune cells and half of your body’s nerve cells, a “second brain” that produces most of the feel-good hormone serotonin you need for a stable mood and well-being.
Certain supplements help fortify your gut defenses:
- A potent, multi-strain probiotic with at least 50 billion cultures per capsule helps replenish the good bacteria in your gut. ǂ These bacteria produce vitamins, digest food, and help crowd out harmful bacteria, keeping you and your immune system healthy. ǂ Experts are recommending upwards of 50 billion cultures daily because we have 100 trillion bacteria in our guts. Potency counts.
- The amino acid L-glutamine is available in intestinal renewal supplements that help soothe and support a healthy, strong intestinal lining. ǂ L-glutamine is a great energy booster for gut cells that make up this healthy intestinal lining. A strong intestinal lining that doesn’t “leak” helps keep toxins and too-large particles out of the bloodstream.
Adding prebiotic foods to your diet such as flax, bananas, garlic, onions, leeks, artichoke, asparagus, and chicory root helps “feed” the beneficial bacteria in your gut. Prebiotics are also available in gut-nourishing fiber supplements as FOS (fructooligosaccharides).
Brenda Watson made several appearances on The Suzanne Show last year, which aired on Lifetime Television. During the show, Brenda and Suzanne Somers covered a whole range of health topics from fiber, poop, and heart health to what it really takes to maintain a healthy weight and proper digestion for long-term health and vitality.
If you missed any of the shows last year you can still catch The Suzanne Show’s best-of recap airing February 27th at 8:00 a.m. on Lifetime Television. The best-of show features Brenda’s popular and surprising fiber segment. This segment covers some little known facts about fiber, including:
- How you can reduce the amount of calories you absorb each day by adding more fiber to your diet with the fiber flush effect
- The two types of fiber to watch out for…are you getting both?
- How to boost the amount of fiber in your diet to the recommended 35g daily without eating a dozen apples, a whole loaf of bread, or enough greens to stock a salad bar
- How to avoid a laxative addiction with the new generation of fiber supplements that aren’t harsh like the psyllium found in certain fibers, which can cause cramping
And fiber does so much more for your health than simply support digestion and a healthy weight. Fiber—especially select fibers like oat bran and acacia fiber—supports healthy cholesterol levels and heart health. Fiber is also the great detoxifier, promoting a cleansing flush of toxins from the body and increasing your energy levels, benefitting liver detox, and supporting healthy skin.
Watch clips of Brenda on The Suzanne Show here, and be sure to tune in to Lifetime on February 27th for Suzanne’s best-of show that includes Brenda’s in-depth fiber segment!