TAG | Cold Water Fish
If you or someone you know is expecting or breastfeeding, you’ve probably heard about the benefits of an omega-3 fatty acid, called DHA, for mom and baby.† DHA is a critical nutrient for supporting brain, eye, and nervous system development in unborn children.† Moms get DHA from foods such as cold-water fish, and unborn and nursing babies get their DHA from mom.
Why Advanced Purity Matters
The reality is that most expectant mothers don’t eat much fish because of the concerns about mercury and other toxins that may be present in whole fish. There is a simple and nutrient-packed way to get your daily DHA without eating whole fish, however, in the form of a small, easy-swallow prenatal fish oil supplement.
Just one softgel packs in a whopping 480 mg of DHA from an ultra-concentrated fish oil blend that is third-party purity tested for PCB’s, heavy metals, mercury, and other toxins. This fish oil is so pure, in fact, that it is consistently awarded the highest IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards) 5-star purity rating and it exceeds the stringent NMS (Norwegian Medical Standard) for purity, potency, and freshness.
Don’t like the taste of fish? No problem. Norwegian Gold Prenatal DHA tastes like citrus thanks to its natural added orange flavor. Plus, you won’t be burping up any fishy taste with the “repeat” you can get with other fish oils. Norwegian Gold Prenatal Omega contains added lipase, an enzyme that helps mom break down the fish oils into smaller, more absorbable compounds.† The result is a better-digested fish oil and better availability to mom and baby.
More Benefits to DHA…
In addition to the important transmission of DHA from mom to baby for developing eyes, brain, and nervous system, DHA has some pretty wonderful benefits for mom too:†
- Supports healthy breast milk in lactating mothers†
- Promotes a healthy level of omega-3 in the mother, promoting her healthy mood after birth†
- Helps replenish mom’s omega-3 depletion, contributing to her overall health as well as the health of her newborn†
- Promotes heart and joint health†
Norwegian Gold Prenatal DHA is the latest in ReNew Life’s top selling advanced purity fish oil line. This new blend is simply the easiest digested, highest purity fish oil available to moms—and all in one daily tiny orange flavored softgel that also contains 500 IU of vitamin D3.
The omega-3s in fish oil are some of the most powerful heart support nutrients you can take and many of us simply aren’t getting enough of them. In her new PBS health special, Heart of Perfect Health, Brenda Watson reveals that an estimated that 84,000 people a year die from a lack of omega-3 in their diet.
So where do we get omega-3? It’s found in cold water fish such as salmon, sardines, and mackerel, in flax seeds, and in certain nuts such as walnuts. Experts recommend 1,000 mg or more of omega-3 each day for optimum heart health support, an amount that can be difficult to get from diet alone.
Many are now turning to a fish oil supplement to help boost their omega-3 intake. Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in the overall health of the body.ǂ They are integrated into the membranes of almost every type of cell in the body, helping to balance the excessive omega-6 fatty acids that come from the Standard American Diet (SAD).
Scientific research confirms that Omega-3 supplementation supports heart health by helping to maintain healthy cholesterol, triglyceride and blood pressure levels already in the normal range.ǂ Omega-3s help maintain these key markers by supporting the body’s normal inflammatory response, promoting optimal heart, blood vessel, and joint health.ǂ
Your 4 Point Fish Oil Checklist
Not all omega-3 fish oils are created equal. Use this checklist to ensure you are getting the most heart health benefits out of your fish oil:
- Potency. Make sure each fish oil capsule contains at least 1,000 mg of omega-3, not just 1,000 mg of fish oil. Reaching your recommended 1,000+ mg of daily omega-3 is pretty tough to do if you have to take a whole handful of fish or krill oil capsules with a low omega 3 content.
- Absorption. You are only what you absorb. Choose a fish oil that is enteric coated to help deliver omega-3s to the intestines where they are absorbed.ǂ Enteric coating also reduces the fishy burping or repeat you can get with fish oil supplements.
- Vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 helps to promote the body’s healthy inflammatory response as well as supports the immune system and strong bones.ǂ A fish oil with added vitamin D3 is ideal because this vitamin is best absorbed when taken with healthy fats, such as omega 3s.ǂ
- Highest Purity. Look for a fish oil with the International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS) stamp. IFOS is the industry’s most stringent independent certifier of fish oil quality that promises you aren’t getting the mercury, PCBs, and contaminants that show up in certain fish oil sources.
Norwegian Gold EPA 1000 meets all the above criteria plus it contains a pure blend of omega-3 EPA , which has been clinically researched for its specific heart health benefits.ǂ