TAG | Bran Flakes
We are huge advocates of acacia fiber here at ReNew Life, and it was great to see a recent famous TV doctor tout its health benefits.
Acacia—Your Waistline’s Best Friend
Fiber is a wonderful weight loss aid because it curbs your appetite by helping you feel full. Acacia fiber is made from the sap of the Acacia senegal tree. The sap is dried and ground into a fine, crystalline powder that dissolves clear and packs a powerful fiber punch. At 5 grams of fiber per 5.6 gram serving (one tablespoon), it is almost pure fiber but not the type of fiber we think of when we envision bowls of bran flakes.
Acacia is a soluble fiber and one of the most nutritious fiber types for your digestive system. ǂ Here are just a few of the many benefits acacia offers:
- Acacia helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels, which may promote successful weight management.ǂ
- Acacia supports normal blood sugar levels against spikes and crashes that can prompt irresponsible eating. This fiber slows the rate at which your body absorbs sugar from foods, promoting healthy blood sugar levels ǂ
- Acacia helps your body detox by working like the soft side of a kitchen sponge and soaking up toxins in the digestive tract so they can be eliminated. Detoxing with acacia supports bowel health, digestive health, and your overall toxin load. ǂ
All these benefits and acacia is also a great heart health booster! ǂ But the big reason we think acacia is so fantastic is that you won’t even know it’s there. It mixes totally clear into foods and beverages and will not alter their taste or texture. A shaker of acacia makes a great addition to any mealtime—simply sprinkle it on foods and in drinks to boost your healthy fiber intake.
Fiber. Seriously, is there any nutrient more boring than fiber? The mere thought of fiber conjures up images of Grandma’s clumpy, untasty glasses of fiber mix. Or perhaps you imagine the boring foods you will have to eat by the truckload—foods like bran flakes, beets, and beans, beans, beans. Think again.
ReNew Life is reinventing the way you think about, and eat, fiber. By now you’ve probably heard how much ReNew Life founder and President, Brenda Watson, wants you to eat more fiber. Fiber is the surprising appetite controller, the amazing heart health nutrient, and the great colon regulator. A high fiber intake does more for your overall health than all the low-fat, empty promise diet foods you can name and still Americans consume less than half of the fiber they should (around 15 grams daily instead of the recommended 20–35).
But really, who can eat that much fiber?
You can thanks to our new Fiber Smart Healthier Fiber line that really does offer a fiber supplement for everyone (not just Grandma). Fiber Smart supplements are made without any harsh fiber types such as psyllium and without any artificial ingredients, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives. They are great way to boost your fiber intake along with a healthy, high fiber diet.
- Orange Clear Fiber – This 100% soluble corn fiber mixes clear in water without a thick or gritty texture. It tastes like a fresh orange for those who like a yummy fiber option and helps to promote digestive health and maintain healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels. ǂ
- Clear Fiber – For the purists among us who just want a clear mixing soluble corn fiber that does its job without any fuss, flavor, or strange texture. At 3 grams of heart-healthy fiber per teaspoon it’s an easy way to mix more fiber into your diet.ǂ
- Super Fruit Fiber – Antioxidants anyone? This fiber includes 14 concentrated antioxidant-rich fruit extracts and a soluble/insoluble fiber blend from corn and apple fibers. It promotes healthy digestion, bowel regularity, and helps neutralize free radicals.ǂ
- Natural Triple Fiber – The triple threat fiber for occasional constipation and toxin build-up.ǂ There is nothing in this fiber blend except for soluble/insoluble flax, oat bran, and acacia fibers. It curbs appetite by helping you feel full, relieves occasional constipation, promotes healthy digestion, and helps remove digestive toxins.ǂ
Ultimate Chia Seed – Pure super food chia seed, which is not only a source of fiber, but also of protein, beneficial omega-3s, and antioxidants. Chia seed has a delicious nutty flavor and can be taken with beverages, soups, cereal, or yogurt, or enjoyed right out of the canister for a fiber boost any time. ǂ