TAG | Bowel Health
Did you know that everyone’s gut flora composition—the natural microorganisms that support digestive, immune and overall health—is different?* This flora population is like a fingerprint, your fingerprint. What’s more, the balance of flora in a woman’s body is also unique, making her beneficial flora needs unique as well.
Probiotics Blended Just for Women
A big concern for women is the balance of bacteria in the vaginal and urinary tracts, areas that are particularly sensitive to an imbalance.† The gut bacterial balance ripples out to affect the body’s overall bacterial balance, including the vaginal and urinary bacterial balance, making the health of a woman’s intestines particularly important.
New Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete 90 Billion is blended specifically for a woman’s body and features an ultra-potent 90 billion probiotic cultures in every capsule. The probiotic blend in this formula:
- Is made up of 12 select GPS (Gut Protection System) probiotic strains, which have been scientifically researched for their health benefits. †
- Features a higher amount of GPS Lactobacillus strains (54 billion). The Lactobacillus probiotic strain family is especially beneficial for women as it is the most prevalent healthy bacteria type found in the vaginal and urinary tract. †
- Also contains a blend of colon and bowel supporting GPS Bifidobacteria strains (36 billion) to promote optimum digestive health and regularity in women. †
Stress makes women particularly susceptible to disturbances in digestive and bowel health, as well as urogenital health. Add the use of antibiotics to the mix (antibiotics can wipe out all bacteria, good and bad) and a woman’s need for a healthy gut flora balance has never been more crucial.
Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete is easily incorporated into the busiest of lifestyles. Just one delayed-release capsule each day provides all 90 billion probiotic cultures as part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle. † The Lactobacillus strains in this formula produce beneficial compounds that help the body naturally maintain a healthy balance of yeast and digestive bacteria.† The Bifidobacterium strains in this blend help target a women’s bowel health and colon needs.†
Consider adding these prebiotic foods (foods that help “feed” the beneficial bacteria in the gut) to your diet, too:
- Chicory root, dandelion greens, Jerusalem artichoke, asparagus
- Garlic, leeks, onion
- High fiber foods
We are huge advocates of acacia fiber here at ReNew Life, and it was great to see a recent famous TV doctor tout its health benefits.
Acacia—Your Waistline’s Best Friend
Fiber is a wonderful weight loss aid because it curbs your appetite by helping you feel full. Acacia fiber is made from the sap of the Acacia senegal tree. The sap is dried and ground into a fine, crystalline powder that dissolves clear and packs a powerful fiber punch. At 5 grams of fiber per 5.6 gram serving (one tablespoon), it is almost pure fiber but not the type of fiber we think of when we envision bowls of bran flakes.
Acacia is a soluble fiber and one of the most nutritious fiber types for your digestive system. ǂ Here are just a few of the many benefits acacia offers:
- Acacia helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels, which may promote successful weight management.ǂ
- Acacia supports normal blood sugar levels against spikes and crashes that can prompt irresponsible eating. This fiber slows the rate at which your body absorbs sugar from foods, promoting healthy blood sugar levels ǂ
- Acacia helps your body detox by working like the soft side of a kitchen sponge and soaking up toxins in the digestive tract so they can be eliminated. Detoxing with acacia supports bowel health, digestive health, and your overall toxin load. ǂ
All these benefits and acacia is also a great heart health booster! ǂ But the big reason we think acacia is so fantastic is that you won’t even know it’s there. It mixes totally clear into foods and beverages and will not alter their taste or texture. A shaker of acacia makes a great addition to any mealtime—simply sprinkle it on foods and in drinks to boost your healthy fiber intake.