- 1 pound rice lasagna noodles
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pump or spray olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup parsley
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°. Spray bottom of baking dish with olive oil. Bring pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta; remove from water and drain. Lay flat the sheets of pasta in layers of plastic wrap or waxed paper until ready to prepare lasagna. Combine ricotta cheese, yogurt, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl. Set aside. Build lasagna from bottom to top in baking dish, beginning with pasta, kale, ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and pasta. Next, layer carrot, onion, ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and pasta. Next, add asparagus, red pepper, ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella and pasta. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 1 hour. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Serving size: ⅛ recipe. Calories: 483; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 23g.