The following is a helpful list of recommended foods to eat throughout the day while cleansing, including suggested substitutions for some of the more common foods shown to cause ‘sensitivity’ or discomfort. You may also want to eat smaller portions more often (meals/snacks 5-6x per day vs. larger meals 2-3x per day) to help you stay more satisfied. Also, try to eat more slowly and chew your food thoroughly.
- Sprouted Grain Breads: Millet, amaranth, rice, spelt or rye.
- Nut Butters: Nut butters such as almond butter may be eaten with the breads listed above, or with carrot and/or celery sticks.
- Butter, Clarified Butter: Butter (preferably organic) and clarified butter (also known as ghee) may be consumed in moderation.
- Steel-cut Oats/Oatmeal: Steel-cut oats are unprocessed (unlike instant oatmeal) as well as more flavorful.
- Fruits: Granny Smith apples, kiwi, grapefruit, unsweetened berries, lemons, fresh pineapple, and fruits in general make good choices.
- Unsweetened Cereals: Opt for natural cereals with no fruit juice or other added sweeteners.
- Whole-cooked Millet: This makes a great breakfast cereal.
- Turkey Breakfast Patties/Strips
- Eggs: Natural/organic when possible
- Lean Protein: Chicken, turkey, beef, fish, eggs, and other lean protein sources
- Vegetables: All fresh vegetables (raw or slightly steamed) – EAT PLENTY!
- Beans & Legumes: Including black beans, navy beans, pinto beans, and any dried beans
- Oils: Cold-pressed olive oil, flaxseed oil, grapeseed oil, or coconut oil
- Plain Yogurt or Kefir
- Nuts & Seeds: Preferably raw, and smaller portions
- Raw Veggies: Carrots, celery, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, any green vegetables
- Almond or Other Nut Butters: Excellent with veggie sticks
- Freshly Popped Popcorn: Consume sparingly, may be flavored with fresh butter and sea salt
- Vegetable Juices: Recommend mainly green juices (lemon or Granny Smith apples may be added to taste)
- Herbal Teas: Including chamomile, peppermint, and pau d’arco
- Purified Water: At least half your body weight in ounces daily
- Green Tea
Condiments & Natural Sweeteners:
- Vinegars: Especially apple cider vinegar
- All Spices (as tolerated)
- Liquid Amino Acids: Use in place of soy sauce.
- Stevia, Lo Han, or Monk Fruit
Dairy/Wheat Flour Substitutions:
- Rice Milk
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Rice/Almond Cheeses
- Goat Milk, Cheeses, & Kefir
- Soy (if tolerated)
- Rice Flour, Coconut Flour, Almond Flour, Buckwheat Flour, Millet
Consult your healthcare professional before making dietary changes or using Renew Life products, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, diabetic, taking medication, have a medical condition, or are beginning a health or weight control program. These guidelines are not recommended or supported for those under age 18.