- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 anchovies, coarsely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups chopped romaine hearts
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, roasted and sliced
- 1 cup croutons (preferably whole-grain)
- 1 whole lemon, cut into wedges
To prepare the dressing, blend lemon juice, mustard, anchovies, and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Gradually add olive oil and process until creamy. Add cheese and pepper; pulse until combined. For the salad, combine romaine, chicken and croutons in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss well. Serve and garnish with lemon wedges.
Tip: To make your own whole-grain croutons, cut fresh whole-grain bread into cubes (about 1 cup) and place in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and a pinch each of sea salt, fresh-ground pepper and garlic powder. Toss well. Pour onto a baking sheet and toast at 350° until crispy (approximately 15-20 minutes), turning occasionally.
Serving size: ¼ recipe. Calories: 367; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 44g.