- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast (skin removed)
- 1 cup low-sodium pinto beans
- 1 tbsp. fresh jalapeño, chopped and seeded
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Two 14-oz. cans low-sodium chicken broth
- One 14½-oz. can low-sodium diced, peeled tomatoes
- 1¼ cups crushed, baked tortilla chips (about 16 chips)
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt (for garnish)
Heat olive oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in chicken and all remaining ingredients except tortilla chips and yogurt. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour. Ladle soup into bowls; top with crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of yogurt.
Serving Size: 1 cup; Calories: 233; Fiber: 3g; Protein 19g.