CAT | Probiotic Supplements
By now you probably know a thing or two about probiotics, right? Of the trillions of bacteria in your body, probiotics are the good guys—the beneficial microbes that help balance your intestinal flora and maintain your health.‡ But just how good are they? And where do they come from? Here are 9 fun and interesting facts you may not know about these good-for-you bacteria:
- You have roughly 10 times more bacterial cells than human cells in your body (over 100 trillion), and all together they weigh about 4 pounds—that’s the weight of a brick!
- While most of your bacterial cells reside in the gut, where up to 80 percent of your immune system can be found, there are actually bacteria throughout your body in your mouth, nose, stomach and even your armpits.
- Each person has a unique bacterial environment (like a thumbprint) that new research reveals may begin to develop inside the womb.
- Studies show there are over 1,000 different probiotic strains living in the human body. Bifidobacteria are most prevalent in the large intestine (colon), while Lactobacilli are the most prevalent good bacteria in the small intestine as well as the urogenital tract.
- Probiotics support healthy immune function by priming the immune system to properly respond to what passes through the digestive tract.‡
- Probiotics can be found naturally in fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese and sauerkraut, and our ancestors were consuming fermented foods as far back as 10,000 years ago.
- Your good bacteria help your body absorb valuable nutrients from your food during the digestive process.‡
- Gut bacteria play an important role in manufacturing needed vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin B12 and vitamin K.‡
Outside factors such as stress, poor diet and the use of certain medications (including antibiotics) can deplete the number of good bacteria in the gut, but taking a daily probiotic supplement has been shown to help restore a healthy internal balance.‡
Do your summer travel plans include a trip to the beach? Are you packing up your camping gear and headed to the Great Outdoors? Even if you’re looking forward to a much-needed “staycation” at home, you could WIN BIG with the Ultimate Flora RTS Probiotics All the Places You Can Go Contest from ReNew Life! Here’s how it works:
- Snap a photo of you and your favorite Ultimate Flora RTS probiotic carton on vacation.
- Upload your photo to Facebook at www.facebook.com/ReNewLifeFormulas.
- You’ll be entered automatically for a chance to win up to $500!
How simple is that? Photo categories include Most Adventurous, Most Creative, Most Humorous and Most Exotic, andprizes will be awarded for each category:
Four 1st Place Prizes: $500 each
Four 2nd Place Prizes: $300 each
And one more thing! If you have a favorite retailer who always keeps you well-stocked with Ultimate Flora RTS probiotics, be sure to mention their name on your entry form so they have a chance to win too.
Why Ultimate Flora RTS Probiotics?
Ultimate Flora RTS (Room Temperature Strains) probiotics are ideal for taking on vacation, camping, biking, or boating because they require no refrigeration and come packaged in convenient, on-the-go blister packs to help build digestive health with one capsule per day.‡
We can wait to see where your Ultimate Flora adventure takes you this summer!
See Official Rules & Regulations at www.renewlife.com/contest-rules.