CAT | Probiotic Supplements
For many people, taking a probiotic supplement is just part of their daily routine. After all, the friendly bacteria pack a powerful punch when it comes to maintaining a balanced digestive system and promoting immune health from one season to the next.‡ But the question we hear a lot here at ReNew Life is:
What is the best time of day to take my probiotic supplement?
We recently brought the question to our team of experts, and here’s what they had to say:
Take a high-potency, multi-strain probiotic in a delayed-release capsule at any time of day, with or without food.
How simple is that? And whether you have a specific need or you simply want to maintain good digestion and health, ReNew Life makes it easy to choose the right probiotic supplement for you and your family. Just start here!
Did you know one in every three American adults has one or more types of cardiovascular disease? That’s more than 82 million people—or one-third of the U.S. population. And that means there’s a pretty good chance you or someone you know has been prescribed statins.
Statins are a class of cholesterol-lowering drugs and among the most widely prescribed medications in the United States. However, even though studies continue to uncover the negative effects of statins, doctors are more likely to write a prescription for them than they are to tell patients that lifestyle factors like healthy diet and exercise can reduce cholesterol and improve heart health all on their own.
Read and pass along these important tips from Brenda Watson’s new book and PBS special, Heart of Perfect Health, and help someone you know take control of their heart health today!
- Eat a diet low in grain-based, refined and starchy carbohydrates and sugars, and high in vegetables, healthy fats, and lean proteins, nuts and seeds.
- Avoid processed foods, refined sugars, grain-based carbs and starchy foods—especially pasta, breads, cereals made from wheat, potatoes, white rice, packaged snack foods, etc.
- Exercise regularly (at least 30 minutes a day, three times weekly).
- If you are overweight, lose weight and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Be sure to consume at least 35 grams of fiber daily; add a fiber supplement if necessary.‡
- Supplement your diet with Omega-3 fish oils.‡
- Optimize your vitamin D level.
- Eat a variety of vegetables for antioxidant nutrients.
- Maintain a healthy balance of gut bacteria.