CAT | Probiotic Supplements
Each year Vitamin Retailer magazine chooses a select list of natural supplements to receive a Vity Award for excellence based on a nationwide retailer survey, and here at ReNew Life we consider it the highest honor when one of our products is recognized. Products are judged based on ingredient quality, targeted health benefits and popularity with consumers, and this year our customers have made us doubly proud!
Because you continue to put our products at the top of your list of trusted supplements, ReNew Life brought home not one but TWO Vity Awards in 2014. Longtime consumer favorite CleanseSMART™ was rated the best Fiber/Internal Cleanse supplement, and our top-selling Ultimate Flora™ Senior Formula 30 Billion was voted #1 in the Probiotic/Enzyme category.
CleanseSMART is an advanced 30-day, 2-part, total-body internal cleanse formulated with more than 20 natural herbs and 9 deep-cleansing herbal extracts to help eliminate waste and toxins and restore digestive regularity.‡ It contains no fillers binders, or added artificial ingredients.
“We are so proud of this 10-time Vity Award winner. While many cleansing products focus primarily on the colon, CleanseSMART supports all 7 channels of elimination, including the colon—and the liver—the body’s most important detoxification organ,” said ReNew Life President and public television educator Brenda Watson.
Part of our Ultimate Flora line of high-potency, one-capsule-per-day probiotics, Ultimate Flora Senior Formula 30 Billion is a high-Bifido daily maintenance probiotic for adults over 50 formulated to address the natural decline in healthy Bifidobacteria that happens as we age.‡ It contains 30 billion live probiotics cultures per capsule from 10 beneficial probiotic strains to help relieve digestive discomfort and maintain digestive balance.‡
We thank Vitamin Retailer for making these very distinctive awards possible—and our loyal customers for continuing to choose ReNew Life when it comes to superior-quality natural supplements. A complete list of the 2014 Vity Award winners is featured in the Vitamin Retailer June issue. CleanseSMART and Ultimate Flora Senior Formula 30 billion are sold in natural health food stores and fine retailers everywhere.
By now you probably know a thing or two about probiotics, right? Of the trillions of bacteria in your body, probiotics are the good guys—the beneficial microbes that help balance your intestinal flora and maintain your health.‡ But just how good are they? And where do they come from? Here are 9 fun and interesting facts you may not know about these good-for-you bacteria:
- You have roughly 10 times more bacterial cells than human cells in your body (over 100 trillion), and all together they weigh about 4 pounds—that’s the weight of a brick!
- While most of your bacterial cells reside in the gut, where up to 80 percent of your immune system can be found, there are actually bacteria throughout your body in your mouth, nose, stomach and even your armpits.
- Each person has a unique bacterial environment (like a thumbprint) that new research reveals may begin to develop inside the womb.
- Studies show there are over 1,000 different probiotic strains living in the human body. Bifidobacteria are most prevalent in the large intestine (colon), while Lactobacilli are the most prevalent good bacteria in the small intestine as well as the urogenital tract.
- Probiotics support healthy immune function by priming the immune system to properly respond to what passes through the digestive tract.‡
- Probiotics can be found naturally in fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese and sauerkraut, and our ancestors were consuming fermented foods as far back as 10,000 years ago.
- Your good bacteria help your body absorb valuable nutrients from your food during the digestive process.‡
- Gut bacteria play an important role in manufacturing needed vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin B12 and vitamin K.‡
Outside factors such as stress, poor diet and the use of certain medications (including antibiotics) can deplete the number of good bacteria in the gut, but taking a daily probiotic supplement has been shown to help restore a healthy internal balance.‡