CAT | Herbal Cleansing
Last week, America’s favorite TV doctor talked cleansing, detoxification, and gut health, three topics we’re pretty passionate about at ReNew Life. If you missed those shows on cleansing, or if you’re simply wondering how you can support your gut defenses for better energy and digestion, here are a few points to note.
Let’s Talk Energy and Weight Loss
Two of America’s top “obsessions,” right? So many of us are addicted to junk food, energy drinks, and processed sugary snacks to keep our energy levels normal throughout the day. Unfortunately, these very substances and many others we eat and drink are seen as toxins by the body, and toxins only serve to make us more sluggish. Toxins can also stand in the way of your weight loss goals while detoxing can help reduce bloating, water retention, and help shed those stubborn pounds with diet and exercise.
- Make it your goal to cleanse at least twice a year (and more often if needed) to flush out toxins and waste. ǂ There are many pure ingredient internal cleanses available to make finding the right one for you a cinch.
- Cleansing/detoxing is also one of the fastest ways you can help your body reclaim its natural energy. ǂ
What a Strong, Balanced Gut Will Do For Your Health
Your gut is your health center. It’s home to up to 80% of your immune cells and half of your body’s nerve cells, a “second brain” that produces most of the feel-good hormone serotonin you need for a stable mood and well-being.
Certain supplements help fortify your gut defenses:
- A potent, multi-strain probiotic with at least 50 billion cultures per capsule helps replenish the good bacteria in your gut. ǂ These bacteria produce vitamins, digest food, and help crowd out harmful bacteria, keeping you and your immune system healthy. ǂ Experts are recommending upwards of 50 billion cultures daily because we have 100 trillion bacteria in our guts. Potency counts.
- The amino acid L-glutamine is available in intestinal renewal supplements that help soothe and support a healthy, strong intestinal lining. ǂ L-glutamine is a great energy booster for gut cells that make up this healthy intestinal lining. A strong intestinal lining that doesn’t “leak” helps keep toxins and too-large particles out of the bloodstream.
Adding prebiotic foods to your diet such as flax, bananas, garlic, onions, leeks, artichoke, asparagus, and chicory root helps “feed” the beneficial bacteria in your gut. Prebiotics are also available in gut-nourishing fiber supplements as FOS (fructooligosaccharides).
We’re big on digestive care at ReNew Life, and what a lot of people don’t realize is that your liver is connected to the digestive system in a very important way. We don’t necessarily think of the liver as a digestive organ but it’s essential to digestion as well as detoxification.
- The liver filters all nutrients and toxins in the bloodstream that are absorbed from the intestines.
- The liver processes toxins using phase I and phase II detoxification, essential for the proper neutralization and removal of toxins.
As the body’s largest solid organ and our center for environmental toxin detox, our livers are under a lot of strain in today’s increasingly toxic world. Toxins can build up in the liver and in fat cells, leading to skin, hormonal, and digestive issues, as well as physically depleting your body’s energy levels.
There are over 80,000 toxins in use today, and over 1,000 are being added every year. Toxins are everywhere from medications to vehicle emissions and cigarette smoke, food additives, water contaminants—even the glues and chemicals used to make the carpet/flooring in your home.
Give Your Liver Some Love
The good news? You can detox your liver with antioxidant herbs and amino acids that help maximize liver function and take some of the stress off your body’s hardest working detox organ. ǂ
NEW Daily Liver Support provides triple action liver detoxification care with a three part liver-focused formula:
- Detox Blend features liver supporting herbs and amino acids to promote bile flow for toxin elimination. ǂ
- Strengthen Blend provides milk thistle extract with silymarin, the best-studied herb for healthy liver support. ǂ
- Protect Blend combines antioxidant rich herbs with turmeric extract, an important antioxidant known to support healthy inflammation response by helping to neutralize free radicals. ǂ
Daily Liver Support is not a one-month cleanse but rather a daily multi-nutrient formula to help you maintain healthy liver function in our toxic world. ‡ It contains absolutely no added artificial ingredients, binders, fillers, or excipients—just pure and active nutrients in a triple action detox formula.