CAT | Fiber Supplements
07/25/14 0 Comments | Posted by ReNew Life in Diet and Nutrition, Digestive Enzymes, Digestive Health, Fiber Supplements, Fish Oils, General Health, Oil Supplements, Probiotic Supplements, Solutions, Toxins and Health
Our four-legged friends tend to be more active during the summer months—when warmer weather and longer days allow for plenty of outdoor play time. But increased exercise and more time outdoors can impact your dog’s health, and just like you, your canine companion can benefit from a little added support. Natural supplements are a safe and effective way to help your dogs cope with problems like dry skin, decreased joint flexibility and mobility, and even sensitive stomachs.
- Keep Hips and Joints Healthy
Just as important as making sure he stays healthy and active is making sure your dog has the right support for his hips and joints. A natural supplement with beneficial ingredients like glucosamine and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), along with whole herbs, herbal extracts and flower essences may help relieve discomfort from normal daily activity. For best results, combine it with a natural Omega-3 EPA and DHA formula to support overall joint, brain and nervous system health.
- Soothe Seasonal Itching
Itching, scratching, licking, shedding—all of these can be brought on by seasonal weather changes. A natural skin and coat supplement can help return a healthy glow to his coat. Look for ingredients to support healthy skin such as brewer’s yeast, inositol, borage oil, chamomile and burdock root, along with beneficial herbs and flower essences.
- Support Healthy Digestion & Weight Management
Because of their relatively short digestive tracts, dogs can benefit from added support to assist with healthy digestion and nutrient absorption. This, in turn, helps promote healthy weight management and overall well-being. Choose a natural supplement that includes probiotics, digestive enzymes and fiber to support intestinal health (including the relief of occasional gas) as well as bowel and anal gland health.
- Assist with Natural Detoxification
The backyard may seem like a playground to your dog, but we humans know all too well about the chemicals and environmental pollutants lurking in every lawn, park and play area that can take a serious toll on his health. Look for a gentle daily formula that supports normal detoxification and healthy liver function to help pets enjoy the vibrant health and vitality they deserve. It may contain ingredients such as milk thistle, dragon’s blood and green tea, along with cleansing herbs and flower essences.
Our dogs are part of the family, and they count on us to protect them and keep them healthy during the summer months and all year long. Natural herbal supplements are a great way to do just that.
Beach weather is calling—now is the time to slim down and shape up for summer. The good news is you don’t need to rely on harmful fad diets or deprive yourself of your favorite foods just to shed those few extra pounds. Here are three simple and healthful ways to slim down and achieve a healthy body weight in time for summer.
- Jumpstart Weight Loss with Cleansing‡: Your body is exposed to harmful toxins every day, and those toxins love to hang out in fat cells—which means the more fat cells you have, the more toxins your body will retain. As you lose weight, those toxins are drawn out and released into the bloodstream where they can impede your weight loss efforts by slowing down metabolism and making it harder to burn fat. ReNew Life offers a full selection of natural herbal cleanses and weight loss support formulas designed to help eliminate toxins and waste, promote the use of stored fat for energy, and increase lean body mass.‡
- Curb Cravings with Fiber‡: We know from Brenda Watson’s The Fiber35 Diet that fiber has unique appetite-suppressing properties; it expands in the stomach, taking up more space, which helps you feel full.‡ It also slows the digestive process to help you stay satisfied longer after eating and triggers the release of a hormone called cholecystokinin, which tells the brain the stomach is full.‡ And just recently, experts at the Imperial College London discovered that the body produces a certain chemical after eating fiber which alters the brain cells that control hunger, prompting us to eat less.‡ Aim for at least 35 grams of fiber daily from non-starchy veggies and low-sugar fruits, along with a natural fiber supplement to help curb appetite.‡
Lose the Excuses and Get Active: A healthy body weight and regular exercise go hand in hand. It’s just that simple. Fortunately, one of the best things about summer is that the warm weather and extra hours of sunlight offer endless possibilities for outdoor activity—which means if going to the gym has gotten a little stale, now is your chance to get out there and get active! Active muscles suck up extra blood sugar, break down fat and increase metabolism, so make it a point to exercise at least 30 minutes a day, five times a week. A mix of aerobic activity and resistance training is ideal, with some stretching and/or yoga included.